- Contact Info
- View All
- High Prevalence of Untreated Depression in Patients Accessing Low-Vision Services.. Ophthalmology. 2016 PubMed
- Benefits of Early Versus Delayed Palliative Care to Informal Family Caregivers of Patients With Advanced Cancer: Outcomes From the ENABLE III Randomized Controlled Trial.. Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 33:1446-52. 2015 PubMed
- Early Versus Delayed Initiation of Concurrent Palliative Oncology Care: Patient Outcomes in the ENABLE III Randomized Controlled Trial.. Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 33:1438-45. 2015 PubMed
- The macular degeneration and aging study: Design and research protocol of a randomized trial for a psychosocial intervention with macular degeneration patients.. Contemporary clinical trials. 42:68-77. 2015 PubMed
- Development and initial evaluation of a telephone-delivered, behavioral activation, and problem-solving treatment program to address functional goals of breast cancer survivors.. Journal of psychosocial oncology. 33:199-218. 2015 PubMed
- Low vision depression prevention trial in age-related macular degeneration: a randomized clinical trial.. Ophthalmology. 121:2204-11. 2014 PubMed
- Acceptance of home-based telehealth problem-solving therapy for depressed, low-income homebound older adults: qualitative interviews with the participants and aging-service case managers.. The Gerontologist. 54:704-13. 2014 PubMed
- Feasibility study of an interactive multimedia electronic problem solving treatment program for depression: a preliminary uncontrolled trial.. Behavior therapy. 45:358-75. 2014 PubMed
- Predicting depression outcome in mental health treatment: a recursive partitioning analysis.. Psychotherapy research : journal of the Society for Psychotherapy Research. 24:675-86. 2014 PubMed
- Oncologists' perspectives on concurrent palliative care in a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center.. Palliative & supportive care. 11:415-23. 2013 PubMed
Behavioral health services in medical patients; Electronic tools for delivery of behavioral health interventions
Principal Investigator: NCI, "Participation Restrictions in Young-Middle Adult Rural Breast Cancer Survivors" (R21CA140849) (4/1/10-3/31/12), $250,000 TDC.
Principal Investigator: Johnson & Johnson, Inc., "Development and Evaluation of Enhanced HealthMediaA(R) OVERCOMINGa,c Depression to Support Collaborative Depression Treatment in Primary Care: The RESPECT-D-E (Enhanced) Trial" (4/1/10-3/31/13), $689,214 TDC.
Co-Investigator: NINR "Early vs. Later Palliative Cancer Care: Clinical and Biobehavioral Effects"(R01NR011871-01). PI:Marie Bakitas, Dartmouth Medical School (10/1/09-9/30/12).
Consultant: NIMH, "Telehealth Problem Solving Therapy for Depressed Homebound Adults" (R34) PI: Namkee Choi, University of Texas at Austin (4/1/09-3/31/11).
Consultant: NIA, "Improving Care Planning and Well-being in Older Adults with Macular Degeneration" (R01AG00280422). PI: Silvia Sorensen, University of Rochester (7/09-6/14) $1,827,976 TDC
Consultant: NIMH, "Treating Subthreshold Depression in Geriatric Vision Rehabilitation"(R34MH079980). PI: Amy Horowitz, Mt Sinai School of Medicine (9/1/09-8/31/11)
Principal Investigator: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Foundation, "Feasibility of a Phone-Delivered Behavioral Activation/Problem Solving Intervention to Enhance Role Function Recovery and QOL in "At-Risk Breast Cancer Patients Following Cancer Treatment" (70804) (2008-2010), $25,000 TDC.
Co-Investigator: NEI, "Low Vision Depression Prevention Trial for Age Related Macular Degeneration" (U01 EY018819-01). PI: Barry Rovner, Thomas Jefferson University (1/1/09-12/31/13).
Principal Investigator: NCI, "Preserving Function in Rural Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy" (1R03CA124200-01) (9/1/06 - 8/31/08).
Principal Investigator: NCI, "Improving Palliative Care for Patients with Cancer" (R01CA101704) (4/1/06-6/30/08).
Co-Investigator: NCI, "Cancer Patients' Assessments Regarding Excellence (CARE)". PI: Joan Teno, Brown University (4/1/06-6/30/07).
Co-Investigator: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Physician Faculty Program, "Managing Depression in Mothers of Head Start Preschoolers". PI: Michael Silverstein, Boston University (1/06-12/10).
Co-Investigator: NEI, "Improving Function in Age Related Macular Degeneration"; PI: Barry Rovner, Thomas Jefferson University (10/05-9/10).
Co-Investigator: NSBRI, "Development of a Smart Medical System for Psychosocial Support During Long Duration Space Flight"; PI: James Carter, Harvard Medical School (1/05-12/07).
Principal Investigator On
Family Practice Clerkship Facilitator (DMS III and IV)
Health, Society and the Physician (DMS IV)
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA - PhD 1988
University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT - MA 1982
Assumption College, Worcester, MA - BS 1979
Department of Psychiatry
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Lebanon, NH 03756